Now housing shops and offices, No. 43 Foregate Street was originally the Green Dragon Inn. It was purchased by Dr. John Wall in 1761 and rebuilt by him as a Palladian house to his own designs.
Later still, Dr. George Woodyatt, a colleague of Sir Charles Hastings, lived in the house after Dr. Wall.
Sir Charles Hastings married Dr. Woodyatt's daughter Hannah on 20th May 1823 at St. Nicholas Church. Upon Dr. Woodyatt's death in 1824, Sir Charles Hastings moved into the house. His consulting room is now occupied by a shop selling artists' equipment.
The building is now a Grade II listed building known as Hastings House, with some alterations done in the mid 1900s. There are two blue plaques, commemorating the residencies of both Dr. John Wall and Sir Charles Hastings, respectively.